A residence permit is required for registration at the local municipality of your chosen town of residence (the so-called Basisregistratie Personen (BRP)) as well as for registration as a student at TU Kampen. This registration must take place as soon as possible but at the latest within 5 days after arrival. TU Kampen will be able to help you with this.

For this municipal registration (BRP) you will need the following documents:

  • A valid residence permit (VVR) or the decision letter from the IND if the residence permit has not yet been issued
  • a legalized recent birth certificate and marriage certificate (if applicable), legalized in the country of origin (with official marginal note/apostille attached if necessary)
  • a valid passport
  • the lease contract of the house which you will be moving into.

After a few days, you will receive a so-called citizen service number (BSN number) from the municipality. This is a personal number with which you can open a bank account, take out a basic health insurance policy if applicable, or arrange for registration at a doctor’s or dentist’s practice. The student administration also makes use of your BSN number. It is important that you keep your BSN number private as far as possible!

For further information you can enquire at TU Kampen (International Office) with the contact form below.

   Town Hall of Kampen